So you want to get the most out of your career?
I started negotiating (for real) for my first real job right out of school. I was offered $50,000 as a starting salary, told specifically NOT to negotiate, ignored him, and came back with a 30% increase in the offer to start at $65,000 a year.
I’ve since left the employee realm and became a freelancer where I negotiated my rate from $100/hour (equivalent to $200,000 a year) to $130/hour ($260,000 a year). So I think it’s safe to say, that I negotiate all the time. I bargain all the time, and I always think: What’s the harm in asking?
… but I am realizing I am not in the majority in this opinion, as many are paralyzed with fear, guilt and a whole range of other emotions when they’re even thinking about asking for more money, a raise or a promotion. Here’s the book to help you break through that, speaking from the perspective as a woman of colour in a very male dominated industry.
- On Amazon for $9.99 USD in e-book format (also available in print format but for a higher price due to printing costs)
- Directly on this site where the book will be emailed to you with a Dropbox link to download in these 2 versions: PDF & ePub. Please be patient as I am a one-woman show manually doing this.
BUY IT NOW – $8.99 USD
CLICK TO ENLARGE BOOK COVER
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Just a quick look at some topics covered:
- A bit of my story
- What’s the worst that could happen?
- It’s business not personal
- Not a tall white man? Take note
- Find your salary range
- Understand where you need to be
- Apply to jobs
- To freelance or not to freelance?
- Ask for more than you want
- Best times to ask
- After the interview
- Everyone is replaceable
- Story #1: The 30% Raise
- Story #2: The $10,000 Bump in 10 minutes
- Story #3: The $50K bump
- The $80K bump and the coveted VP Title
- Just ask: $3K more
- …and many more stories!